Monday, January 31, 2022

Have a Lovely Birthday

I have one last card to post for January, and it's one inspired by the use of a border die and comes from Shopping Our Stash.  

I love this set of bird stamps, and it came with a separate die to cut a leaf border.  I went with one of my favorite techniques . . . bring out the ink and shaving cream.  

 

I created my background piece first using some Neenah Solar White cardstock, shaving cream, a stencil and a few ink colors with some rosy tones.  I created a smaller panel with some green tones to cut my border die.  I cut the die with black ink as well, and I trimmed my rose tone panel to match the edge die.  I then paper pieced the leaves back into the black die.  

I didn't intentionally keep that lower right area lighter in tone on my piece, but it was the perfect spot for the sentiment.  I toyed with a die and a stamped image on a white tag.  Went with it on the piece itself.  



And my birds were stamped in the same tones used for the background.  I just love those little birds and have pulled them out a few times.  They're great for all seasons and so darn cute. 

I had a personal goal to create more in 2022, and I often use the challenge blogs to inspire me to create more and think outside of the box.  My overall goal is to post 100 times in 2022.  Make more cards . . . play less games on my phone!  So that's an average of 8 to 9 posts a month which I more than met for January.  

I believe I'm 15 down, 85 to go for 2022.  Honestly, so happy to be creating more.  

I hope you find some time to create and be happy!

Debbie

Supplies Used - Have a Lovely Birthday

Stamps and Dies:   Lovely Birdies Stamp Set and Dies and Birdies Branch Die (Catherine Pooler Designs);

Ink & Embossing:  Midnight, Spruce, Seafoam, Shea Butter, Tiara, Pink Champagne, Royal Treatment and Sangria (Catherine Pooler Inks);

Paper: Solar White Cardstock (Neenah) and Black Cardstock (American Crafts)

Other: Split Chevron Stencil and Crater Lake Sequin Mix (Catherine Pooler Designs); Diamond Stickles (Ranger);

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful goal! I made a similar goal last year and found that it was so much more fulfilling than playing with my phone. Good luck to you.
    The card is so wonderful. I love the black border die cut, the inlaid leaves and how both really stand out an enhance the card. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Shopping our Stash and hope you can join us again soon.
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete