Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Bokeh for Can You Case It

Someone at my favorite crafty place, StampNation, posted a bokeh card today.  I love bokeh, and I could not wait to sit down and stamp and create a bokeh creation.  The color scheme comes from the challenge at Can You Case It, where the suggested colors were purples, blues and neutrals. 



I used distress markers to create my card panel.  Colors used were Broken China, Stormy Sky, Seedless Preserves and Victorian Velvet.  After scribbling color on a watercolor panel, I spritzed with a lot of water and used a heat gun to dry.  It was still splotchy, but I used round stamps (they can be the back of a sentiment stamp that is round) in varying sizes stamped in white pigment ink. 



A super fun technique that gives great results.  I hope you find some time to create, and when you do, I highly recommend you give this technique a try.  

 CYCI#101
Supplies Used - Thanks for Being Wonderful You
Cardstock:  Bazzill* and Bee Watercolor Paper
Stamps:  Hand Lettered Winter Wishes*, minis4circles and award2stamp from The Stamps of Life
Ink:  Simon Says Stamp White Pigment Ink*, Ranger Distress Markers, Simon Says Stamp
Other:  Pearls from Simon Says Stamp

*from January Simon Says Stamp Card Kit







3 comments:

  1. I love the Bokeh technique and the clean, crisp lines of your card! Just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Bokeh card Debbie! Such a fun technique and it goes perfectly with this weeks colour theme. Thanks for playing along this week at Can You Case It? Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I have to say love your picture of your mini Schnauzer!! So cute! Love your card!! Great technique!! Great colors and embellishments! Thanks for joining us at CYCI! Laura

    ReplyDelete