Monday, January 3, 2022

Beverage of the Day

Coffee is typically my second beverage of the day (after water), and the aroma is my fave.  And so the prompt at Just Us Girls was right up my alley. 

I love nothing more than getting the shaving cream out, along with some brown inks, and preparing a coffee card.  For this one, I included some metallic paint. 

My sentiment is a bit off, because I drink my water first.  But does water count?  

I do love using a mix of stencils, shaving cream inks and paints when creating backgrounds.  For this one I used only a strip of my background (the best most colorful parts) as my border.  Adding acrylic paint to the mix gives some texture which you can feel but not really see.  

I added some sparkly to my lid and that little heart in the sleeve.  And a mini shaker in a cup!  What's not to love?

I hope you found some time to create today. 

Debbie

Supplies Used - But First Coffee

Stamps and Dies: Life Love Latte Stamp Set and Dies (Catherine Pooler Designs);

Ink & Embossing:  Icing on the Cake, Orange Peel, Oer Coffee (Catherine Pooler Inks);

Paper:  Premium White Cardstock (Catherine Pooler); Ginger Snap Cardstock (The Stamps of Life); Daisy White Cardstock (Close To My Heart);

Other: By the Beans Stencil (CAS-ual Fridays); Barbasol Shaving Cream; Irridecent Prio Gold Paint (Pebeo); Seattle Sequin Mix (Catherine Pooler Designs); Fiery Volcano Stone Drops (Nuvo);

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous coffee loving card, Super layout and clever use of the sequins. Thanks for sharing at Just Us Girls this week Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge coffee drinker and this card is just fabulous! I love ever inch of this card. The beans look terrific and I think the added texture on the cups was just brilliant. Thanks for being with us at Just Us Girls for Word Week!

    ReplyDelete