Sunday, May 1, 2016

Freshly Made and CAS-ology Cards

A couple of cards to share tonight, and first up is a card created for Freshly Made Sketches.  Here is the sketch . . .
And here is my card . . .

 

First and foremost, I love the lyrics . . . from Dear Prudence by The Beatles . . . "The sun is up, the sky is blue, it's beautiful and so are you." 

This was an unusual card for me.  I didn't use a single stamp or any ink.  It was purely cardstock, pattern paper and stickers, all leftover from a kit that I had for a mini album.  I love when I can use my supplies that are left from another project. 

Next up is a card created for CASology.  The Cue Card was "Sprinkle."  Here is my card . . .


So some sprinkles of salt . . . and a message to take life with a grain of salt.  Seasoning makes everything better!  


My shaken salt was created with Diamond Dust glitter, and the salt in the shaker with Stickles. 

I'm heading off on vacation in a few days . . . no crafting while I'm gone.  But I do hope to do a little creating before I head off.  And I hope you find some time to create as well. 


Supplies Used - So Are you
Paper:  Life in Color (Simple Stories) and Solar White (Neenah)
Accessories:  Life in Color Stickers (Simple Stories) and Cork Flower Sticker (The Stamps of Life)


Supplies Used - Grain of Salt
Stamps:  saltshaker2stamp (The Stamps of Life)
Ink:  Licorice (The Stamps of Life Color Box)
Paper:  Licorice (The Stamps of Life) , Solar White (Neenah), POW Silver (American Crafts), Studio Calico Pattern,
Accessories:  Salt Shaker Dies (The Stamps of Life), Stickles, Diamond Dust Glitter (Floracraft), Twine (The Stamps of Life), Liquid Glass (Close To My Heart)

5 comments:

  1. Love your salt shaker! Great take on the cue work this week - so glad you played along with the CASology challenge, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards and such fabulous colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, these are both fabulous but I especially LOVE your salt shaker card! Such a fun take on the cue word and lots of great little details. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever...that salt shaker!!! :) Perfect for the cue! Love that sentiment too!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous pair of cards....but I love that sweet salt shaker.

    ReplyDelete