Sunday, September 16, 2012

Smile for Freshly Made Sketches

For this week's challenge, I could pick any design from the last year's sketch collection. And so I chose one from earlier in the year that I had not had the chance to work with . . .



I still had papers from Hello Spring (Little Yellow Bicycle) and wanted to incorporate them with stamps from Stamps of Life. Here is the result.
 


Those darn stamps are so fun to work with . . . I absolutely love that they have a two step process so you can outline first, and then stamp the inside parts later.  And I love the overlap of that top pink flower, in that the overlap areas are darker.

Now the sketch had that one piece that could be any shape.  So I decided that I would cut the flower petals out for the image that was partially stamped in the bottom corner, and bring it to life by popping it up.  Love the result.


Supplies Used:  Bazzill Cardstock; Hello Spring Pattern Paper from LYB; Stamps from Stamps of Life; Seam Binding from Close To My Heart; Ink from Close To My Heart, Color Box, and Stampin' Up; Buttons from Stash. 

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous work! Love the bright happy colours and that you used so many different patterns. Great stamping on the ribbon too...love that! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright and cheery card with so many fabulous details! I love the popped up flower and the button centers! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job I love this bright, cheery card! The colours are so vibrant! I love how that flower just jumps right off the page at you! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete