Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Little Birdies Giving Orders

Have not had a play date in a while, so the little birdie in the picture said to get busy, and I did.  It was The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #147 (to be exact). 

So I saw the little birdie in Little Yellow Bicycle's Hello Spring paper (because I was using it for another layout).  And that little birdie said to get busy as well.  He told me the colors were right and to make a gray card base and get to it.  And so I did. 

And I came up with the little design below . . .



A Sizzix die is used for the sentiment.  I cut the bird from another part of the paper and popped him up.  He had a tail that could not be cut, so he asked me to make him a new one . . . and I did.  

Now, the color in this picture below is a bit awful, but I wanted to capture how I made my birds fluffy tail feathers.  Fiskars heart punch . . . made a heart, then kept shifting it and making little cuts to make the little wispy pieces . . . and when I had seven . . . the bird said, "That's enough.  I'm small."  And so it was.  


Supplies:  Bazzill Cardstock, Little Yellow Bicycle Hello Spring paper, Fiskars Heart Punch, Stamps of Life Stamps and Sizzix Die, Close To My Heart Black Ink





3 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Thanks for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little birdie. Thanks for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, this is so cute and looks very professional. The right tools really make a difference. I've never used a Sizzix but have seen them in the store. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete