Sunday, September 2, 2012

LYB-ing up the SPARKS Challenge

So the image in this weeks SPARKS challenge really had me stumped.

So it's a couch.  I get that.  Question is, exactly how do I relate this to a paper craft project?  And I realize as I type this that I just might over think things just a bit.

Hmmm . . . a couch, which you would lay on when you're sick.  So maybe a get well card.  And all that blurry patched look.  The blue and the green just made me say LYB Hello Spring.  Don't ask why . . . just go with it.

So with my LYB paper in one hand and my Fiskars punch in the other, I punched and punched, and then I pieced and I pieced and came up with . . .


And a little close up . . .



And a little something for the inside . . .


And that's just the way I saw that blurry little couch.

Supplies Used:  Bazzill Cardstock; Pattern Paper from Little Yellow Bicycle Hello Spring; Punch from Fiskars (Jenni Bowlin “Frame”); Stamp from Paper Smooches (Healthy Vibes); Ink from Close To My Heart; Marker from Stampin' Up

3 comments:

  1. I agree, this was a hard challenge, but I just love your take. The patchwork is perfect! Have fun with your new embossing folder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love your take on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab card--LOVE the patchwork design! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete