Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Kit Kraft Wednesday - Graphic x 2

I had a few challenges in mind when I sat down to create for Kit Kraft Wednesday, and foremost was to come up with something graphic for the StampNation challenge last week which was to design a card inspired by graphic or geometric design. 

I had two sketches that I was working with, both from Retrosketches.  One was an old one from several weeks back that I still wanted to try, and the other was this weeks' current sketch.  So, the current sketch looks something like this . . .


And yes, it was Kit Kraft Wednesday, so I had to use supplies from one of my monthly kits, and this was a brand new kit from Studio Calico.  It included some awesome paper, some cute dies, felt twine and a stamp set.  The stamp set was used to create the graphic background that was stamped on the white cardstock in colors to match the pattern papers.   


Going for a second graphic card, I used an old Retro Sketches (from several weeks back) and some old supplies from a Simon Says Stamp Card Kit.  No graphic stamps here, instead I went with graphic patterns on the paper (the graph paper and the chevrons), somewhat graphic wood veneers, and a graphic sketch layout.  


Using my supplies (and yet barely putting a dent in it).


Supplies Used
Cardstock:  Bazzill and Neenah*
Pattern Paper:  American Crafts and Dear Lizzy*
Stamps:  JJ Bolton Stamp Set and Die*
Dies:  Craft Die Frame (Studio Calico)
Ink:  Stampin' Up and Ranger Archival
Ribbon:  Divine Twine*
Other:  Stickles
*from Studio Calico Hello, Hello Card Kit




Supplies Used - Watt's Up
Cardstock:  Neenah
Pattern Paper:  Simple Stories* and Doodlebug Chevron Sugarcoated*
Stamps:  Watt's Up*
Ink:  Ranger Archival
Ribbon:  The Twinery
Other:  My Mind's Eye "Charmed" Glittery Enamel Dots,  Freckled Fawn "Stars & Such" Wood Veneers, Maya Road "Light Bulb" Paper Clip

*from Simon Says Stamp April Card Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment