Sunday, July 17, 2022

Thanks a Melon

 "Blending In" was the creative prompt at Shopping Our Stash.  And blending in was the process for my card today.  I used supplies from Concord & 9th's Summer Camp, and chose the watermelon stencil to create my card.   

Blending for watermelon slices is absolutely the perfect way to color them, because watermelon has so much variation in shading.  So I really loved how these came out on my card.  

 

Admittedly, I struggled a bit with my seeds.  I used Art Alchemy Matte Wax in Charcoal Black, and when lifting the stencil there were some stray splatters and drag marks.  Grrrr!  It's more noticeable in the pictures than it is on the actual card.  

I hope you find some time to do some creative blending today.  

Cheers!

Debbie

Supplies Used - Thanks a Melon

Stamps and Dies:   Oh So Sweet Stamp Set, Die and Stencil (Concord & 9th);

Ink:  Midnight (Catherine Pooler Designs); Honeysuckle, Parsley and Sprout (Concord & 9th);

Paper: White Cardstock (Scrapbook & Cards Today); Honeysuckle Cardstock (Concord & 9th);

Other:  Charcoal Black Matte Wax (Art Alchemy); Clear Drops (Concord & 9th)



 

2 comments:

  1. What a great card, Debbie! I love the colour gradients on the watermelon and I will now have to explore what Alchemy black wax is ' cos it looks great here
    Hope you are keeping cool,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your melon card...fantastic blending! Way to go shopping your stash…thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Blending In" challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete