Sunday, September 8, 2019

Watercolor Inspired

I was inspired to make a watercolor background for the Watercooler Challenge.  It was an "anything goes feminine" prompt, so I decided to go floral with some friendly colors. 


 I started by creating my watercolor background piece using two of Nuvo's shimmer powders.  I went with a soft background so I could try to either remove or add color once I added my stamped background.  I stamped the background with a black pigment ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then used my Close To My Heart watercolor set to add color to my flowers and leaves. 



For my sentiment, I used some Wow embossing glitter. 

No lie though . . . I left my craft room with ink stained fingers and glitter on my shirt.  :)  Worth it. 

I hope you find some time to create. 

Debbie


Supplies Used - Awesome
Stamps and Dies:  Awesome Die and Climbing Background Die (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Ink: Solar Flare and Cherry Bomb Shimmer Powder (Nuvo); Black Pigment Ink (Close To My Heart); Clear EP (Ranger); Wow Embossing Pad with Carousel Embossing Glitter (Wow); Watercolor Paints (Close To My Heart);
Paper:  Cherry Cardstock (The Stamps of Life); Black Cardstock (American Crafts); Vellum (Close To My Heart); Cold Press Watercolor Paper (Bee);
Other:  Charleston Sequin Mix (Catherine Pooler Designs);

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful yet fun! Lovely colors and floral images. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete