Sunday, July 22, 2018

Stay Cool Beachy Dude

I had so much fun creating this card, exploring techniques using Distress Oxide inks, and creating a beach scene for a few challenges including Try Stampin' on Tuesday and this week's challenge at StampNation

So first, my card . . .

=

I used Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, and started by layering the distress oxide inks over a stencil.  I love that these inks layer.  I then created the torn strip at the bottom . . . prompted by Try Stampin' on Tuesday's challenge, ran some versamark over it, and used Sand Dune EP from Wow to creates my sand.  I popped this over the stenciled piece.

For my dog, I stamped on the same Neenah Desert Storm, embossed the outline, and then used the distress oxide inks to watercolor.
 

Look at that little dude standing on the sand.  And what's really cool . . . those sunglasses . . .


This was a fun card.  I would definitely try this technique with distress oxides on kraft cardstock again. 

I hope you were able to create today. 

Debbie


Supplies Used - Stay Cool
Stamps and Dies: Dog Days of Summer Stamp (Newton's Nook);
Ink & Embossing:  Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide Inks (Ranger); Midnight (Catherine Pooler); Versamark; Sand Dune EP (Wow);
Paper: Desert Storm (Neenah); Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Other: Sunscape Stencil (Newton's Nook); Blueprint Sketch Distress Stain and Glossy Accents (Ranger);





1 comment:

  1. Oh wow - your torn beachy edge is just perfect for our technique challenge! Love your treatment with the stencil, too - totally trying this! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete