Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Gifting Ball

I belong to this really awesome stamp group called StampNation.  I've been a part of different online communities before, but this one is super special. They recently started a new fun thing called The Gifting Ball, where a ball makes its way around to different members filled with goodies.  I was lucky enough to get the ball, which included some awesome little trinkets . . . sequins in varying shapes, colors and sizes and some adorable metal charms.  LOVE! 

So I made a few creations today using sequins.  This first one uses sequins in place of balloons in this cute little stamp.  This one will be a great winter birthday card. 


And check out that adorable little key.  I used a fray from my abundance of burlap to create the tie on the key. 


The card below is Christmas Card #4 for 2014 (getting that early start).  I had paper and embellishments from October Afternoon's Make It Merry collection. 


I used one of the snowflake sequins that was gifted to me in the lower left corner of the card.  

`

The collection also came with little post cards, which are really cute, but something I normally would not use.  So I decided to come up with a design where I would really use the postcard.  I created a pocket inside the card for the post card, and my plan is to write my message on the post card.  

Some fun cards to create, and more will likely be on the way using my sequins and charms.  But the job at hand was for me to fill the ball with some gifts for another member and send it along.  Mission accomplished.

Now back to creating!

Supplies Used - Card 1
Cardstock:  Neenah
Paper:  Stampin' Up
Stamps: Stampin' Up
Ink: Stampin' Up and Ranger Archival
Other:  Sequins, charm and burlap string

Supplies Used - Card 2
Cardstock:  Neenah
Paper:  October Afternoon
Embellishments:  October Afternoon
Other:  Snowflake sequin and ribbon from May Arts

2 comments:

  1. Love these!! Isn't that gifting ball the coolest thing?!! I have never seen anything like it before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss that you have a blog?! I love what you've done with your gifts. You've inspired me.:)

    ReplyDelete