Thursday, December 26, 2013

Holiday Cards Will Sparkle & Shine

Sparkle and Shine was the goal of the third Heart 2 Heart Challenge in December.  The challenge was to use the Sparkle and Shine paper or color palette, and to add some sparkle as well.  So I set out to create an album to house our holiday Christmas cards.  I had made this type of album before, but I didn't have instructions so it took some "deciphering" on my part. 

These little albums are FABULOUS for housing holiday cards and the photos that are either sent with the cards or that are taken throughout the holiday season. 


So the album is made from five 9 x 12" envelopes that are folded in half, and then bound together with ribbon.  I used the color ready seam binding for this particular version.  For added sparkle, I used some of the glitter paper and some rhinestones. 


The pages throughout are embellished with embellishments from Sparkle & Shine, so it all came together very nicely. 


One of the nice things about these albums is you can adhere photo cards to the pages as well as adhere some of your favorite cards.  But then there are also pockets in five of the pages where you can store the rest of your holiday cards. 


I altered the color combinations between all the awesome patterns in the Sparkle & Shine paper pack . . . ruby, juniper and slate!


And there are a few stamped images throughout, as well as the opportunity to add more once I have my holiday cards sorted out and am ready to fill the book. 


Amazing that five 9 x 12" envelopes can festively organize photos (with a little help from some awesome paper and embellishments). 

I'll be sure to post some photos once the book is filled, so stay tuned. 

All product used is Close To My Heart. 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the way you bound the mini album with seam binding ribbon, and cannot wait to see the pics added. Those dimensional trees are so perfect for the cover. Thanks for linking up and inspiring us over at H2H! :)

    ReplyDelete