Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Starry Stenciled Background

One stencil . . . two different embossing pastes.

My May Simon Says Stamp Card Kit came with a star stencil.  With my black cardstock I created two different card bases and tried two different embossing pastes.  The first was a regular white one, and the second was a translucent . . . two very different looks.

So here is the traditional white matte embossing paste.  Again, this one is on black cardstock, and once dried I inked it up a bit with some yellow ink so it wouldn't be stark white since my pattern paper included cream and not white.  


I love the raised effect of the stars.  I used my pattern paper with the monsters at the bottom, and also found paper that said "things that go bump in the night."

For my second card, I used the translucent embossing paste, and while still wet I sprinkled on some Hero Arts glitter.  This is a completely different look . . . one I would definitely try again with another stencil down the road (my brain is percolating on it).


 These cards started out so similar, but they both took a different route.  Here's an angled view of that sparkle . . .
 

Looking forward to trying that glitter technique again with another stencil soon.  Wait for it.


Supplies Used - Things That Go Bump
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Pattern Paper:  Fancy Pants*
Stamps:  All Boy from Simon Says Stamp*
Ink:  Close To My Heart
Ribbon:  Twine from Little Yellow Bicycle
Other:  Dreamweaver Embossing Paste, Stars and Dots Stencil from Simon Says Stamp



Supplies Used - Far Out & Groovy
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Stamps:  Lil' Inker Shiny Happy Sentiments
Ink:  Close To My Heart and Memento
Ribbon:  Twine from Little Yellow Bicycle
Other:  Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing Paste, Stars and Dots Stencil from Simon Says Stamp, Ki Rhinestones





1 comment:

  1. What a fun card! I love your strip of patterned paper at the bottom...just the cutest little monsters ever.

    ReplyDelete