Sunday, April 20, 2014

Merry and Mojo Monday Creations



I am posting two creations today, one for Merry Monday and one for Mojo Monday

Merry Monday's challenge . . .

I used slate and white for my card, although to get the photo to show the sparkle of my embossing, it looks darker than slate.


I combined two Impression Obsession stamps to create my focal image.  I stamped the "Couple with Tree" stamp first, leaving off the bottom trail of footsteps in the snow so that it would just circle the musical title of the Silent Night stamp, where I only used the top portion of the stamp.  I stamped in Smoky Slate first, and then stamped a bit off with Versamark and used Iridescent Ice embossing powder to get the shimmer. 


For Mojo Monday, I used this months stamp and die set from The Stamps of Life coupled with a lot of scraps from my scrap bag. 


I just love this set.  I created my jars using white Xpress cardstock and coloring with my Copic Markers.  The jar labels were created using pattern papers in my stash . . . Little Yellow Bicycle and Doodlebug, to be exact.  Here is the sketch that inspired the card . . . 


 As I color with my Copics, I realize that I really do need to invest in some additional shades.  I do like the end result, but I think additional shades would really bump me up a notch.  Someday!


For the peanuts, I used my Colorless Blender 0 to take away color and give my shell some texture.



Supplies Used - Merry Monday Couple w/Tree
Cardstock:  Stampin' Up
Stamps:  Impression Obsession
Ink:  Stampin' Up and Versamark
Ribbon:  Stampin' Up
Other:  Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder from Stampin' Up and Ki Rhinestones

Supplies Used - Mojo Monday PB&J
Cardstock:  Xpress and Neenah
Pattern Paper:  Little Yellow Bicycle and Doodlebug
Stamps:  The Stamps of Life pb&j2enjoy
Dies:  The Stamps of Life  pb&jdies and Reverse Confetti Scallop Border
Ink:  Memento, Copic Markers, and Stampin' Up
Ribbon:  Stampin' Up
Other:  Ki Rhinestones 


6 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely Debbie. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! I love the scene you've created with our color combo this week at Merry Monday! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty Christmas scene, Debbie! Love the pb and J card too! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both Debbie - such a beautiful Christmas card, love the shimmer!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty tree and the music is a lovely touch! So glad you joined us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, Debbie! The Christmas card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete