Monday, May 23, 2022

Taking the Positive with the Negative - Take 6

 I had a goal to post more this year, and I've been failing miserably.  My goal was 100 posts in 2022, so I have a lot of time to make up.  

And so why not create a card casing myself, and of course, I can't resist the opportunity to use my positive and negative die pieces.  So two cards today, inspired by Just Add Ink's Challenge 604 - Case of Yourself.  

I'm casing a card I made using Lawn Fawn stamps and dies.  I posted the card here, but here is pic of it:  


Instead of hearts, I went with squares.  My images were a bit larger, so I had more real estate to cover.  

And instead of Valentine's Day, I went with Halloween. 

I colored my images with a blender pen, and my candy corn have a coating of Liquid class.  They look more like embellishments than dies. 

My scallop border had those inner squares, and I couldn't resist the opportunity to create another card with my negative images.  

And for this one, I flipped things a bit and went landscape with my design.  

 

Cutest little monsters!  



These were fun to create, and Halloween is months away.  

Go create!

Debbie


Supplies Used - I Only Have Eyes for You -Slimline Shaker

Stamps and Dies:  Squad Ghouls Stamp Set and Dies, Essentials Slimline Cover Plate Die (Catherine Pooler Designs); Nesting Circle Dies (Hero Arts);

Ink & Embossing:  Midnight, Pixie Dust, Tutti Frutti, Lime Rickey, Grape Crush, Orange Peel, Tiara (Catherine Pooler Inks; Versamark; Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder (Wow);

Paper:  White Daisy Cardstock (Close To My Heart); Little Black Dress Paper Pack (Catherine Pooler Designs); Pitch Black Cardstock (Hero Arts);

Other: Mockingbird Heights Sequin Mix (Catherine Pooler Designs); Ripened Pumpkin Gloss Crystal Drops and Plum Slate Stone Drops (Nuvo); Liquid Glass (Close To My Heart);  

 

Supplies Used - Have a Boo-tiful Day Slimline

Stamps and Dies:  Squad Ghouls Stamp Set and Dies, Essentials Slimline Cover Plate Die (Catherine Pooler Designs);

Ink & Embossing:  Midnight, Pixie Dust, Tutti Frutti, Lime Rickey, Grape Crush, Tiara (Catherine Pooler Inks;

Paper:  White Daisy Cardstock (Close To My Heart); Little Black Dress Paper Pack (Catherine Pooler Designs);

Other: Pinwheel Stencil, Cookies and Cream Twine and Mockingbird Heights Sequin Mix (Catherine Pooler Designs); Crushed Grape Crystal Drops (Nuvo); Liquid Glass (Close To My Heart); Diamond Stickles (Ranger);

 


3 comments:

  1. All three of your cards are so fun and cute Debbie! Your case with Monsters Eyes has so many fun details and I love the shaker element! And your landscape version is very cool too! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I didn’t intend the above comment to be anonymous, Debbie, Jan M.

      Delete
  2. Such a fun take on the original Debbie, love the bright colours, fun images and design! Thanks for playing with this weeks challenge at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete