Saturday, May 29, 2021

Favorite Birthday Guy

I created my own background for Cardz 4 Guys. This one was created on regular cardstock using a baby wipe that I had used to clean a background stamp.  I didn't use the background stamp on this card, just the baby wipe and ink that was cleaned off.    I bunched it up and smooshed it on my white cardstock and kept shifting and pressing. 

Once dried, brought in a stencil and used some glitter gel to add some additional texture. 

And then it was all sentiments from there . . . stamps and a die.  I stacked my die, and have one layer of green that is slightly offset. 

I struggle with masculine cards, so this was a win!  

I hope you find some time to create today.  

Debbie

 

Supplies Used - Favorite Birthday

Stamps and Dies:  Favorite Word Die and My Favorite Sentiments Stamp Set (Catherine Pooler Designs);

Ink & Embossing:  Midnight, Lime Rickey, Something Borrowed, and Fiesta Blue (Catherine Pooler Ink);

Paper: Premium White and Midnight Cardstock (Catherine Pooler); Green Pattern Paper from scrap stash;

Other: Star Stencil (Catherine Pooler Designs); White Glitz Glitter Gel (Gina K Designs); Cats and Bats Dots (Close To My Heart);

 

 

 

 

 




3 comments:

  1. such a fun way to create a background - using baby wipes!! I miss that technique and will have to try it soon again!! Thank you for submitting your card with us at C4G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...I haven't used the baby wipe technique in a long time!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Your rocked our "create your own background" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! The extra texture of stars is an added bonus to the great background you created. Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done using up all that waste ink, love the texture you've achieved in your background.
    Thanks for linking up at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete