Saturday, August 1, 2015

StampNation Creations for California Vacation Event

I have two cards to share today that were created as part of StampNation's awesome California Vacation which has ended, but never really ends because their challenges are always there to play along with, and the encouragement from fellow members will always be there! 


So here are two cards created for their challenges last week.  This first one was to create a card with a beach theme.  I created this card using some distress inks and a stamp set from Inky Antics' Honey Pop collection. 


The water, sky and clouds were created using a Simon Says Stamp set with clouds and some distress inks and stains.  The sand was cardstock embossed with some holographic embossing powder from Ranger.  My critters were paper pieced onto the card and colored with Copic markers. 

And now the inside . . .


Honey Pop paper makes it all pop!

My second card for today was inspired by Alcatraz, hence the black stripes.


For this card I used supplies from a Studio Calico kit.  I cut strips of paper to cover a tag that was included in the kit.  I love how this one turned out.  Black and white stripes are an amazing accent. 


As I always say, I hope you find some time to create over the weekend.


Supplies Used - A Little Note to Life You Up
Cardstock:  Bazzill, Neenah, Bee Watercolor
Stamps:  Kite Buddies from Inky Antics
Ink:  Hero Arts, Versamark, Ranger Clear Embossing Powder, Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder, Ranger Spray Distress Stain, Ranger Distress Ink, Copic Markers
Other:  Honey Pop Paper from Inky Antics


Supplies Used - XOXO
Cardstock:  Neenah*
Pattern Paper:  Studio Calico*
Stamps:  MID for Studio Calico*
Ink:  Hero Arts
Ribbon:  Stampin' Up
Other:  Sequins from Studio Calico*,  #5 White Cardstock Tag*
*from Studio Calico's Carolina Moon Card Kit






2 comments:

  1. Just adorable...Love your take on California. I have lived here all my life and your card is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are really doing some amazing cards love both of these!

    ReplyDelete