Friday, November 8, 2013

The Stamps of Life . . . Using My Stash

Over the past few weeks I've been trying to create cards at night, rather than sitting around watching television and thinking about the fact that I should be stamping.  It's not that I don't enjoy stamping, it's that I come home from work absolutely brain tired.

So I pulled out my collection of monthly stamps I've been collecting (hoarding) from The Stamps of Life.  I pulled out some ink and some ribbon and twine.  I pulled out my scrap bin.  My hope is that I would not have to think too much.  I could just create.  Here is a little peek of a few of them . . .

This one used Bazzill Cardstock, Authentique Paper, and stamps, dies and ink from The Stamps of Life.  This was last month's set (I think) - lights4christmas.
 

And the inside . . .


I created this one for a co-workers baby shower at work.  This one here is "onesie4baby", and I got a little crazy with the white embossing powder.  I think that is DCVW pattern paper, Bazzill cardstock, American Crafts Brads and CTMH white ribbon. 


There was a lot of layering on this one . . .


This one was inspired by a sketch, and the fact that I seem to have a lot of yellow card bases from past projects.  I used one of the summer sets that arrived in my mailbox . . . lemonade2drink . . . along with it's counterpart . . . morelemonade2stamp.  I used archival ink on this one and Tim Holtz markers which I embellished with Stickles.  The ribbon is from Denami.  


I actually performed surgery to "amputate" my outside sentiment from my inside sentiment, because they were one piece (and that just didn't seem right). 

 
This one was also inspired by a sketch.  I believe this one was not a monthly set, but rather one that I could not resist and purchased because the main image is a dog.  (Hello!  Paws to Scrap!)  The dog's name is Cookie, and while I didn't use the dog image, (because the card was so small) I used the sentiment, the gift and the little tag.  I did some paper piecing on this one to create that gift.  This was all scraps from a past project of mine.  



And then finally . . . Sizzix came out with the Flip-it Framelits.  I used two past sets along with the Framelit die to create this one.  The paper and ribbon is American Crafts . . . an old collection.  


Better use of time than my television viewing, and way more creative.  And I'm using up some scraps . . . it's been a lot of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment