Saturday, October 22, 2016

Plaid, Watercolor, Embossing and Distressing for Merry Monday

I absolutely hate when my job gets in the way of my craftiness . . . but I need one to support the other.  Harsh world.

All that said, I'm happy to find some time to post a few cards this week that I created for some challenges.  First up for this weekend is a card created for Merry Monday.  The challenge was to create a Christmas card with plaid.


I dug for plaid paper, and I don't own much of it.  Rarely does a piece of plaid paper scream "buy me".  But I found a piece!  It compliments my stamped and colored design well.

Now let's talk about that stamped design.  I saw a technique on StampNation that I had been wanting to try, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  Watercolor paper . . . distress inks to color . . . and then the technique . . . four coats of clear embossing powder over the entire image . . . put it in the freezer and upon removing a few hours later, a little wiggling and bending to create the cracks.  I then ran a gray ink pad over it, which got in the cracks.  I wiped off the excess and began to put my card together. 


I'm on the fence about the technique, but I will definitey try it again down the road.  It was fun to see where it would end up.

I hope you find some time to create . . . I'm heading back to the craft table right now.




Supplies Used - Night Before Christmas
Stamps:  Balancing Act (Stampendous House Mouse)
Ink: Sentiment stamped in Hero Arts Black; House Mouse Image stamped in Versafine Black Onyx; Image colored using Ranger Distress Inks; Versarmark
Paper:  Dear Santa (Photoplay), Bazzill Cardstock, Watercolor Paper (Canson)
Accessories:  Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger); Bitty Sparkles (Close To My Heart)



3 comments:

  1. Lovely card with that cute little mouse and that background is awesome. So pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mouse image is so cute and colored so nice! Interesting technique on the crackling.

    ReplyDelete