Friday, January 22, 2016

StampNation News and Some Challenge Cards

Sharing some news from my favorite crafty place, and a couple of cards to share as well.

First, my crafty place, StampNation, is having their 5th birthday celebration.  When I say that StampNation is my favorite crafty place, I could not mean it more.  I love everything about it and have since I joined over four years ago.



For the birthday celebration, it is all about stencils.  StampNation has a stencil class going on this past week and heading into next week.  There are videos and tutorials, and the membership is posting their take on the lessons.  It's all about stencils.  If you have stencils and ink, or even if you don't . . . it's a place for inspiration.  I hope you will check it out.  Here is a sneak peek of a card I created using stencils.  This is one with a masculine flair . . .


You can check out the full card on StampNation.


And now to share a few cards.  Here is one created for CAS on Sunday.  Their challenge this week was a winter card.


A winter thank you card seemed appropriate--it's chilly this week.  I let the pattern paper do the talking, and I stamped a monotone sentiment.  



And my second card today was created for Mojo Monday.  One of the things I like to do with sketches is flip them.  And that's what I did today.  Here is the sketch . . .


 And here is my card . . . flipped a bit . . .


You never have to fully follow a sketch exactly.  You can take a little creative license, which I did here.  


This is a pretty Clean and Simple card.  I used supplies from last year's Simon Says Stamp card kit from February . . . I must be thinking ahead to clean out the old supplies, and bring in the new.

I hope you find some time to create today!




Supplies - Thanks
CAS on Sunday
 Paper:  Bazzill* and Bo Bunny's Altitude Collection*
Stamps:  Hand Lettered Winter Wishes*
Ink:  Stampin' Up Blackberry Bliss
Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins and Pearls from Simon Says Stamp
*from January Simon Says Stamp Card Kit











Supplies Used - You Matter To Me
Cardstock:  Simon Says Stamp*
Pattern Paper:  Crate Paper Kiss Kiss*
Stamps:  Paper Hugs from Simon Says Stamp*
Dies:  Lost at Sea Stamp Set from My Creative Time and Sizzix Circle Dies
Ink:  Memento and Signo Uniball Black Pen
Other:  Rub ons from Crate Paper* and Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh

*from Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment