Monday, October 12, 2015

World Card Making Day - Take 4

Sharing two more of my creations for StampNation's World Card Making Day event.  These two are for Malaysia and France.

For Malaysia, the inspiration photo included Malaysian Batik, and there was one in particular that caught my eye.  It had bold white lines with flowers and a blue background.


I've entered this card into this month's Virginia' View Challenge - All Things Colored!



I was again watercoloring with distress inks.  I added a touch of gold and black to the design to give it some pop! 


For France, the inspiration was damask in the colors portrayed by my design, and one of the photos had some jars with straws.   I felt inspired to recreate those jars, and I also used a sketch from Fusion Card Challenge.  Here is the sketch . . .



And here is my card . . .


Black and white . . . with a touch of red.  


Will be sharing my final WCMD photos tomorrow. 

Now, go create something!


Supplies Used - Malaysia
Cardstock:  Bazzill Marshmallow and Strathmore Bristol Watercolor Paper
Stamps:  Fancy Thanks and Bohemian Garden from Essentials by Ellen
Dies:  You Rock Designer Die from Essentials by Ellen
Ink:  Ranger Distress, Versamark, White Embossing Powder and Hero Arts
Other:  Gold Glitter Tape from American Crafts, Washi Tape, and Pretty Pink Posh Sequins

Supplies Used - France
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Pattern Paper:  Authentique
Stamps:  Unity Stamp's Coconut Lime Soup
Dies:  Love Ya Die from Casual Fridays for Stamp of Approval Friend Collection
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink and Hero Arts
Other:  Twine from The Stamps of Life, Pearls from Stampin' Up, flowers from my stash


No comments:

Post a Comment