Sunday, October 11, 2015

World Card Making Day Challenge Cards - Take 3

I'm sharing two more cards for the World Card Making Day event that was held at my crafty place, StampNation.  If you're looking for a welcoming community with loads of genuinely kind crafty people, I can't recommend it enough! 

So our 5th and 6th challenges for the WCMD event were Japan and Australia.  For both of my creations, I used watercolor paper and distress inks.  This first one was inspired by a kimono print that was all shades of pink, and the fabric had gold accents. 


Watercolor is so unpredictable.  I embossed with clear powder onto the white watercolor paper.  


When I stamped the sentiment, I have to admit that I heard Rosie Perez in my head saying, "Muriel Lang . . . woman with a heart of gold." from the movie, "It Could Happen to You."  And I heard it over, and over, and over . . .

For Australia, the inspirational photos were of Aboriginal Art with prints made up of dots.  I decided to zoom in on the dots. 


I used about five different blue distress ink colors to create this card, and I have to say I was super pleased with the result.  I wasn't sure how this card would come out in the end.  I embossed the background stamp with black Versafine ink and clear embossing powder.  I then stamped images into all the circles with the different inks, and once done sprayed it down with some water accented with Perfect Pearls.  It has a sheen! 


Four more cards to go . . . stay tuned! 


Supplies Used - Japan
Cardstock:  Neenah and Strathmore Bristol Watercolor Paper
Stamps:  Fancy Thanks and Bohemian Garden from Essentials by Ellen
Dies:  Wild Garden Dies by Essentials by Ellen and Stitched Labels 1 from Pretty Pink Posh
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink, Versamark, Hero Arts, Ranger Gold and Clear Embossing Powder
Other:  Gold Glitter Tape from American Crafts and Pretty Pink Posh Sequins

Supplies Used - Australia
Cardstock:  The Stamps of Life and Strathmore Bristol Watercolor
Stamps: gum4backgrounds, bubblegum4me, moregum4me, chalksayings2stamp, morechalksayings2stamp, and stamps set from July 2015 card kit, all from the Stamps of Life
Dies:  Banner Dies from The Stamps of Life
Ink:  Versafine Black, Ranger Clear Embossing Powder, Ranger Distress Inks
Ribbon:  The Stamps of Life July 2015 Card Kit
Other:  Gems from The Stamps of Life July 2015 Card Kit and Perfect Pearls


No comments:

Post a Comment