Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fingerprint Evidence for Kit Kraft Wednesday

I have a card, and then I have evidence of failure . . . all for Kit Kraft Wednesday. 

I honestly forgot it was Wednesday with the Labor Day Holiday, so I sat down to create and I was overtired and a little cranky from the long day.  I was playing with some new embossing powders, and I was covering die cut words with Versamark and putting some sparkly accent with the powders and then decided it was time to make a card.  My first result is the evidence of failure.  Splotches of powder . . . and not until I heat embossed the messy piece (which was ruined anyway) did I see my own darn fingerprints everywhere (from my earlier die cut fun). 


I guess I touched that paper a few times with my versamarked fingers.  Clearly fingerprint lines on that one with the arrows.  My "duh' moment. 

But my second attempt (after washing my hands) turned out better.  Using the sketch from Clean & Simple and my supplies from the August Simon Says Stamp Kit, here is my creation . . .


For this card my pattern paper and the sketch were my inspiration for the card.  Even with the Copic coloring, it was a very simple card to create.  


Hope you found some time to create today, and hope you didn't have inky versamarked fingers in your way! 





Supplies Used - Ice Cream
Cardstock:  Simon Says Stamp* and Close To My Heart
Pattern Paper:  Bo Bunny Lemonade Stand*
Stamps:  Ice Cream Dreams*
Dies:  Deco Labels Framelits from Stampin' Up
Ink:  Memento and Copic Markers
Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins

*from Simon Says Stamp August Card Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment