Saturday, July 12, 2014

Shades of Green for Merry Monday

Today's card was inspired by the Merry Monday challenge.  I have been wanting to use this stamp, all the while knowing that it covers a good portion of the card.  That is always something I struggle with . . . full images!  It prevents me from lots of layering.  But this images was just too cute not to use. 

I actually used three shades of green . . . Mossy Meadow for my card base (which is super dark), Lucky Limeade for my background panel and the coloring of my image, and the ribbon is technically Old Olive. 



I used a a metallic pen to outline all of the snowy areas . . . the flakes, the drifts and the snowman.  I made the decision with coloring only items that would be anything other than neutral, and then I colored them green, of course. 


Now that I've christened my stamp with a "flat" use, I have an idea to use it differently in the coming weeks . . . wait for it.  Maybe next week's challenge will be the opportunity (and then again, maybe not). 

Cheers! 




Supplies Used - Let It Snow
Cardstock:  Stampin' Up and Neenah
Stamps:  Unity Stamp
Ink:  Memento and Stampin' Up
Ribbon:  Stampin' Up
Other:  Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and Sakura Gel Pen

7 comments:

  1. Really cute card and I love that stamp! You did a great job making it basically one layer! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little scene - and it looks great all colored in green and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet little image, love how you used the greens as well as the shimmer pen and sequins! Thanks for playing with my Merry Monday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of this stamp, Debbie! Thank you for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this scene with the beautiful snowman and the puppy holding his hat! Great use of these colors, Debbie! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww...this is so sweet! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your card is only green and white (with some sparkle). That was a great idea to only color in the greens. I struggle with those large stamps as well and I think you did this one proud.

    ReplyDelete