Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy 100th Anniversary

Today marks the 100th Anniversary of Girl Scouting in America, and I was happy to be able to attend a local event held by our Simsbury Service Unity in Connecticut. I have such fond memories of my Girl Scouting years . . . both as a girl growing up in Girl Scouting and as a leader when my own girls were in Girl Scouts.

The ladies who planned our event asked me if I would be willing to make some tags to attach to gift boxes for some very special guests. I immediately remembered that I had a Close to My Heart stamp about Girl Scouting. I typed up a message about the 100th celebration, printed it out, and then stamped with green ink over the message. I stamped again over that with shimmer paint to give some gold sheen.


Happy 100th to the Girl Scouts of America!

Supplies: Cardstock from Bazzill; Stamps from Close To My Heart (Make New Friends, Bohemian Alphabet) and Clear and Simple; Die Cuts from Clear and Simple Stamps; The Twinery Twine; Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint from Stampin' Up

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! What's the name of the set? (I want to see). I have the very old Stampin' Up! "Girl Power" set. We should get together and make some GS favors, note cards, etc for etsy...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Happy Birthday to a great organization!! Your tags turned out reaaallly great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Judy! It is a great organization. Suzie, it is the "Make New Friends" set, which may be retired from CTMH. It has been well used by me!

    ReplyDelete