Thursday, March 20, 2014

You Bring Color Into My Life

Freshly Made Sketches had a great sketch this week, and while I didn't link up, I did play along.  I decided to add a bit of a challenge to myself, and that was a white space challenge.  I decided to use a white card base for the card, and I did what I could to keep the white space white!  (This is no easy task for me.)

Here is my design . . .


Inking all of the edges made a huge difference in defining the images on this card, but I had to be extra careful not to get any ink smudges, as that would have resulted in "cover ups" which means a loss of white space.  


I used scraps of paper to create my crayons.  I have to say I was stamping "hello" onto each of the crayon images . . . dead center horizontally, and then I realized that the crayons would not all have "hello" showing exactly right . . . depending on how the crayon rolled.  So I got super anal and stamped off the the edge.  (Yes - I'm nuts!)


2 comments:

  1. Love what you do with these crayons...so creative and fun. and to tie them up with twine, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so get what you are saying about keeping the white space WHITE! I have that same issue. This card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete