Saturday, March 15, 2014

Merry Monday - Joy



This week's Merry Monday Challenge was to use chocolate brown, green gold and white or cream on a Christmas card. 



Do you see any layering on this card?  Well, sure.  You see the layering of the cardstock and pattern paper on the card.  But there are two other places I layered, and it's all about embossing powder.

  • The letters "j" and "y" were stamped using a Little Inkers stamp, and I inked it up in Versamark first and then in Stampin' Up's Lucky Limeade ink.  What's great about that is that your ink is on top and hits the paper first, and then the Versamark is the top layer and you can emboss with clear embossing powder.
  • The bell was cut from a Little Inkers die.  I then covered it in gold ink and clear embossed . . . and then gold ink and clear embossed . . . and then gold ink and clear embossed.  Layers of gold goodness.  


I'm on an embossing craze lately.  Love that shine!  

Supplies Used
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Pattern Paper:  Stampin' Up
Stamps:  Lil' Inker Designs
Dies:  Lil' Inker Designs
Ink:  Encore Gold, Versamark, and Ranger Archival
Other:  Stampin' Up Clear Embossing Powder and The Twinery Twine

7 comments:

  1. Super use of this stamp and die! I've known about the Versamark on the stamp to help adhere the ink, but I had never thought of the embossing aspects of this. Great tip! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debbie, this card is stunning! I love all the embossing and you used my favorite jingle bell die!!! So good to see your beautiful card in the Merry Monday gallery! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I just bought that jingle bell die, so thanks for the great embossing tips...I love how yours turned out! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love this card! Great use of the Merry Monday challenge colors...and so sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Debbie! This gold jingle bell looks like it could jingle! Love the j and the y and appreciate the how to! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card with very pretty paper!

    ReplyDelete