Sunday, March 30, 2014

Merry Monday - Inspired by a Friend



I was blessed this weekend to spend Thursday thru Sunday at a crop with friends, and one of those friends inspired me to create a card.

Hmmm . . . inspired or challenged?  It might have been more like a challenge.  She had purchased a stamp that she loved for the amount of detail it had within the image, but she was struggling with how to use the stamp.

It didn't take me long to figure out why.  The detail is gorgeous, but it ends with the shape of the stamp.  It doesn't taper off and fade out.  So I was challenged to create something using the stamp and I used Merry Monday Christmas Challenge to create a card. The challenge was to create a card using grey, red and white.  Here is my design . . .


 I used Memento Gray Flannel ink layered with Versamark for the image.  I then clear embossed, and it gave a glisten that really added to the image.  We tried ink alone, which was also gorgeous. 


 And there was another card where Santa was showing thru a window, but alas the internet was not cooperating and would not upload the photo. 

Another Christmas card done, with thanks to my friend for the challenge!  




Supplies Used - Merry Monday Santa
Cardstock: Neenah and American Crafts
Pattern Paper:  Carta Bella
Stamps: The Stamps of Life (sentiments)
Dies:  The Stamps of Life
Ink:  Memento and Versamark
Ribbon:  Stampin' Up
Other:  Stampin' Up Clear Embossing Powder, Pretty Pink Posh Sequins




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Debbie! I love this Santa image! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Debbie, your Santa is fantastic. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete