Sunday, January 20, 2019

Let's Talk Embossing - Tuesday Throwdown

So let's talk embossing, and let's also talk pattern paper.

I had this six-inch pattern paper pack from a 2015 kit.  that included a page of sentiments, some solids on the back sides of some patterns papers. I cut up the sentiments and thought, how can I dress up some of these and some solids?

And then I saw the prompt at Tuesday Throwdown.  Embossing! 

Two examples below using the same background stamp and two different embossing powders.



For this one, I used Ranger Frosted Crystal embossing powder (which I love).  I completely coated the sentiment and double layered the powder so it would match the embossed background piece. 



For this second one, I used some colored embossing powder for the background, but still used the crystal EP on the sentiment piece. 


 And I added a stamped sentiment. 


I love how these turned out and may try some backgrounds with some remaining sentiment pieces, 

The kit came in a box . . . and I thought outside of the box. 

Supplies Used - Happy Birthday
Stamps and Dies:  Kaleidoscope Background Stamp (Catherine Pooler Designs);
Ink & Embossing:  Versamark; Frosted Crystal EP (Ranger);
Paper: Powdered Sugar and Pattern Papers from February 2015 Card Kit (The Stamps of Life);
Other:  Spring Blossoms Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh);


Supplies Used - Keep Calm and Smile On
Stamps and Dies:  Kaleidoscope Background Stamp (Catherine Pooler Designs); Sentiment Stamp from August Card Kit 2018 (The Stamps of Life);
Ink & Embossing:  Midnight (Catherine Pooler Inks); Versamark; Frosted Crystal EP (Ranger); Tempting Turquoise EP (Stampin' Up);
Paper: Powdered Sugar and Pattern Papers from February 2015 Card Kit (The Stamps of Life);

No comments:

Post a Comment