Saturday, November 26, 2016

Baby It's Cold Outside - Stamp Ink Paper Challenge

Finding time to create has really been a challenge for the last several months, so I'm really trying hard to schedule creative time. Some challenge cards seem in order, so this post is the first of what will hopefully be a few. It is for Stamp, Ink Paper Challenge which had a color challenge this week.  The colors . . .




And here is my card . . .


I love House Mouse stamps, and while they take some time and attention to color, the results are always adorable. I turned this one into a shaker card.  



To get my shades, I mixed distress inks of varying shades until I felt I had the color palette for the pool and copper colors . . . although clearly my copper doesn't have a shine to it.  I've rarely seen a mouse that had a shine . . . and thanks to my cat, Lucy, I've seen a few mice over the last few months as it gets colder here in New England.  They love to make their way in, and she loves to find them.  A few we've rescued from her grip and freed outdoors again.  But I think they make their way back in.  If I could put a knit hat our there for them and be assured they would end up as cute as this image in the card, I'd do it!

Hope you find some time to create today!


Supplies Used - Baby It's Cold Outside
Stamps:  Snow Cap Nap (House Mouse Designs by Stampendous)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine), Various shades of blue and brown distress inks (Ranger); Acetate (Graffix)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); scraps of cardstock and pattern paper from my stash
Accessories:  Bring on the Cake Dies (Sugar Pea Designs from Stamp of Approval by Catherine Pooler); Snowflake Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); Iridescent Confetti (Martha Stewart); Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger)


No comments:

Post a Comment