Friday, November 27, 2015

Just a Few Holiday Cards Before Vacation

I'm heading out on vacation, and I have to ask.  Is it normal to be stressed about the fact that you won't be creating for two solid weeks?  I'm anxious about flying and anxious about traveling alone.  I'm anxious about being away from home for so long.  I'm anxious about being away from my dogs.  And I'm anxious that I won't be doing any stamping, die cutting, embossing, inking, gluing.  My dogs and my crafting are my therapy. 

So before leaving, I took time away from packing to create a few cards.  First up is a card for Merry Monday . . . a card in blue and white with texture. 


I used Midnight Muse cardstock and ink from Stampin' Up.  My texture came from embossing paste and Ranger Distress Rock Candy glitter.  Love the look of those textured "ho's".  I carried the glitter over to my stamped Santa by using Liquid Glass and the Rock Candy glitter.  


My sentiments and stamps were from My Favorite Things.  My stencil and dies were from Simon Says Stamp.  I love finding ways to combine my supplies. 

For my second card, I created a card for Paper Smooches challenge.  Their challenge was to incorporate gold somewhere on my card. 


I used Ranger's Gold Tinsel embossing powder, which shines like glitter.  The stamp set is A Blessed Christmas from Paper Smooches. 


I may fit one or two more cards in tomorrow before leaving.  And if not, then I'll be back to creating in a few weeks. 

Cheers! 



 
Supplies Used - Merry Monday Ho3
Cardstock:  Neenah and Stampin' Up
Stamps:  Christmas Cuteness and Jingle All the Way from My Favorite Things
Dies:  Circle on a Line from Simon Says Stamp
Ink:  Stampin' Up Midnight Muse
Other:  Dreamweaver Embossing Paste, HO HO HO Stencil from Simon Says Stamp, Liquid Glass from Close To My Heart, Ranger Distress Rock Candy Glitter, Rhinestones from Close To My Heart






Supplies Used  -  Oh Holy Night
Cardstock:  Bazzill and Neenah
Pattern Paper:  Authentique
Stamps:  A Blessed Christmas from Paper Smooches
Ink:  Versamark and Ranger Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder
Other:  Shimmer Trim from Close To My Heart and Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh




2 comments:

  1. How clever to add the stripes embossed on your BIG Ho Ho Ho's! Love all the texture you added on Santa also! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love all that sparkle on your Ho3 card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete