Monday, September 2, 2013

Trick or Treat Mousetrap

I'm giddy with excitement.  This was in my head for years. 

The intended use of a mousetrap scares the bejeezers out of me.  I just can't think about it, and I'd rather pay $30 for a trap that will save the mouse (and likely bring him back into my house two days later) than 4 for $2.00 at the local discount store for a trap that would harm a cute little mouse. 

I do reserve the right to scream if I see the mouse . . . not from fear but from surprise.  But I just can't bear to kill the little guys. 

But come on . . . 4 for $2.00 . . . metal and wood.  You know those have to be awesome for crafting. 

And they are . . .mouse trap meets Action Wobble challenge.  Challenge was Halloween, and nothing says TRICK or Treat like hanging candy from a mouse trap so the recipient has to wonder if their hand will be slapped from taking the candy.  But . . . it's safe!  Traps was never engaged.  So I took the trap, and I used pliers to make a hook at the top.


I decorated using pattern paper, cardstock, ink, stamps and washi tape.   What's awesome . . . the medallion with the washi tape is a wobble (which is why it is slightly blurry.  It was awesome to use the wobble because there is a sturdy wire underneath that I would have had to lift if I was putting this medallion flat on the trap.  And because this was hanging . . . there was lots of wobble action. 


 And it really does hold candy (best I could do was a Nestle Skinny Cow).  It is hanging, and it is holding!  Quite a grip. 


So . . . the task at hand . . . I need to find the mouse traps that I bought.  I literally pulled one out months ago and left the other dozen or so in a bag.  Somewhere . . . but where. 

Supplies Used
Cheap mouse trap from discount store
Bazzill Cardstock
Doodlebug Pattern Paper and Washi Tape
Close To My Heart Stamp
Action Wobble
Memento Black Ink
Sizzix Die

2 comments: