Sunday, March 3, 2013

Paper Smooches Picture Challenge

This week's challenge at Paper Smooches was a picture challenge, and the picture was adorable. I had to stop myself from trying to recreate the image in the photo on my own hand, because that was super clever. 
Super clever, right?


So I decided to go a little mirror image design, because I wanted that image of two lovestruck "someones" gazing at each other.  I decided to use the snowman from the Warm Hearts set.  


There is only one snowman in the set, so to create the look of them gazing at each other, I used a piece of acetate and stamped using Stazon on both sides - one on one side, and then flipped once dry to get the second one.  I used scraps of paper to color the hearts and the noses.  It's glued right onto the acetate using a clear drying glue.  I then cut a frame from my blue pattern paper so the white card base would show through, and all the glue is under the patter paper. 


A neat technique if you ever want a mirror image! 

Supplies Used
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Pattern Paper:  We R Memories
Stamp:  Paper Smooches
Ink:  Stazon
Other:  Acetate Sheet (from my scrap stash), Bazzill Floss



2 comments:

  1. This is perfect, those snowmen are too cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! LOVE that yellow floss and those two snowmen- FUN take on this inspiration photo! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! There's still time to play along with us and our Trend Watch: SMILES challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete