Tuesday, February 28, 2012

More of the Same

The other day I pulled a "kit" of papers and made a few cards for some challenges.  I wanted to carry through using those supplies for a few more cards, and the Unity Monthly Kit Sketch Challenge seemed to be a perfect fit.  If you missed the first two cards, I will post their photos below. 

Here is the sketch for February . . .


 And here is my design using Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey pattern papers, some coordinating ribbon and my Kit of the Month from Unity (January kit, as the February one has not hit my mailbox yet) . . .



 I wanted to stamp my image on the gold Basic Grey pattern paper, and still have enough of the reverse side to get the print for the birds and flowers, so I cut my design a little short and moved my sketch up to just the square.  My interpretation of the hearts was that one was more defined than the other, so I stamped one image straight onto the gold paper, and then stamped the flower image on pattern side of the paper and cut and popped to get the more defined image.  

I made two cards . . . which I will put with the cards from earlier this week (shown below) . . . and I'll have a set!  



Yeah!  I'm using my stash! 

No comments:

Post a Comment