Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cottage Blog Challenge #1

Another day, and another challenge.  The very first Cottage Blog Challenge . . . which had me so excited I think my head was spinning a bit.  The challenge was to be inspired by a specific photo posted on their blog which I have linked HERE . . . it was a photo of beautiful pink flowers, with a blue background.  Interesting that my eye caught the pink flowers immediately, and headed me straight to my "Sweetpea Seeds" die.  


I used some Little Yellow Bicycle Paper as my background, proving that you can use a scallop cut background paper on a card for a really nice effect.   I added some shimmering white ribbon to one side, and then went to work on my seed packet.  I cut the packet in a light brown cardstock and inked with brown.  Then I cut the Sweetpea Seeds pieces in white and used markers to color.  I am truly amazed at what a great job markers do on die cuts . . . the more I practice the technique, the more I like it.  While I had to keep the green in for the flowers, I pulled the blue background into the lettering on the packet.  

Great inspiration!  I am really looking forward to their next challenge.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for joining our first Scrapping Cottage challenge! Great card! I like cutting them in white too and then coloring. Lorie, fellow DT member gave me that idea and I love it. Less waste too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete