Wednesday, March 8, 2023

XOXO Inspired!

This card was inspired by the XOXO challenge at Alphabet Challenge.  

 I've had an XOXO die on my table for a year, and when I saw this challenge I knew I had to play along.  But I had to find some images in the theme.  I dug into my bag of Lawn Fawn images and found this cute little skunk who was near the top because I had just created a card with skunks a few months ago.  So I set out to color him and make him "real". 

 


I ended up digging into my Lawn Fawn stencils to create my background.  I tried a sort of screen print watercolor technique that I like to use.  Essentially I pick up the water and color onto my stencil, and then flip it to get the stenciled images to show.  The water collected near the heart openings, and I managed to get a few good impressions of some hearts.  I stamped some XOXO's into a few of them, and then set out to create my scene.  

Hardest part of this card was finding the XOXO die, because while I had that nice pink sparkly one on my table for a year, I felt my skunk deserved a shadow behind the XOXO to tie him into the scene.  

This was a fun one - especially that background.  Inky fingers!

I hope you find some time to ink up those fingers.  

Debbie

Supplies Used - XOXO

Stamps and Dies:  Giant XOXO Die, Scent with Love Stamp Set and Dies and Valentine Hearts Border Die (Lawn Fawn);

Ink & Embossing:  Jet Black (Lawn Fawn); Rockin' Red (Catherine Pooler Inks);

Paper:  Water Color Paper (Tim Holtz/Ranger); Accent Opaque Cardstock; Gray Cardstock and Glitter Paper (Close To My Heart); Acetate (Newton's Nook);

Other:  Lots of Hearts Background Stencil and Chunky Glitter (Lawn Fawn)

No comments:

Post a Comment