Sunday, March 12, 2023

Taking the Positive with the Negative - Take 7

Usually my positive and negative pieces become separated from each other, but I decided to play out a creation of positive and negative pieces.  I love the outcome on this one. Nothing like a rainbow of color.  

So which came first?  My card for Just Us Girls or CAS on FridayJust Us Girls had a word prompt of "Rainbow".  CAS on Friday had the prompt of "Friendship".  So it started with a rainbow of colors and a "Friend" die.  And I went first to create my card for Just Us Girls, taking that rainbow prompt rather seriously.   

 

I used temporary adhesive and put the "friend" letters down.  I then did some ink blending over the images to create my rainbow of colors.  I then removed the letters and put them aside for my second card.  I stamped my sentiment in black over the word friend, and then used my color palette to stamp some stars around my sentiment.  I used a blender pen to color my images and match them to the ink blending.



 A few sequins and I was done.  

Moving to my CAS Card, I had cut the die earlier and was ready to piece my friend letters back into my white background.  

I suppose a shaker card isn't completely CAS, but I left a lot of white space!  I used some gray striped pattern paper, took the frame from my original die and put it on my card base centered on the pattern paper.  I popped my colored letters back in, and then created a shaker window from the frame which was part of the same die that cut the letters.  


A little acetate, foam strips and clay pieces and done. 



I love that the letters have some darkness around their edges.  It makes them pop, even though they are flat to the card.  

Another positive/negative creative session in the books. 

Want some fun?  Create a rainbow!

Debbie

 

Supplies Used - Happy to Call You Friend

Stamps and Dies:  Sweet Summer Stamp Set and Dies, Best Kind of Friend Stamp Set and Dies and Friend Mini Cover Die (Catherine Pooler Designs);

Ink & Embossing:  Party Dress, Tutti Frutti, Tiara, Lime Rickey, Aquatini, Flirty Fushsia, Twilight, Midnight (Catherine Pooler Inks); Blender Pen (Tombow);

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock (Close To My Heart); 

Other: Crater Lake Sequin Mix (Catherine Pooler Designs); Liquid Glass (Close To My Heart); Diamond Stickles (Ranger);

 

Supplies Used - Friend Slimline Shaker

Stamps and Dies:  Sweet Summer Stamp Set and Dies, Best Kind of Friend Stamp Set and Dies and Friend Mini Cover Die (Catherine Pooler Designs);

Ink & Embossing:  Party Dress, Tutti Frutti, Tiara, Lime Rickey, Aquatini, Flirty Fushsia, Twilight, Midnight (Catherine Pooler Inks);

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock (Close To My Heart); A Little Drizzle Paper Pack (Catherine Pooler Designs); Acetate (American Crafts);

Other: Flower Power Clay Confetti (Pretty Pink Posh);

1 comment:

  1. Debbie... what a wonderfully fun card!! I am so ready for summer (and I live in Florida!). Love your use of rainbow colors. Thank you so much for joining and sharing with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete