Sunday, October 6, 2013

World Card Making Day Inspiration Meets Heart 2 Heart




Busy, busy weekend!  Little time to create, but I did want to try to get a few cards created for World Card Making Day.  I belong to an on-line stamping group that is AWESOME called StampNation.  They had an amazing on-line event last year, and this year's is amazing as well.  StampNation has members in 16 countries, and the awesome design team provided inspirational photos from all of them.

I didn't have time for all of them . . . yet!  I say yet because they keep their challenges open forever so I can always find creative inspiration.  And it's a good thing, because I had to work all weekend . . . no time to create. 

I decided to combine one of those photos with a challenge at Heart 2 Heart.  So it was Au Naturale (using neutral colors) in combination with this photo which was representation from New Zealand and what is called Waitangi Day . . .


. . . that inspired my card . . .




It was the busy costumes of the performers that caught my attention.  So of course I had to include some chevrons and designs to catch attention. 

All of the product shown is from Close To My Heart, except for the jewels which were strays from a past project.  I'm loving that "view master" stamp.  I have a similar die from Sizzix.  FUN!

Hoping to finish all of the challenges . . . eventually.

Go create! 

3 comments:

  1. Ditto Catherine's comment! Great card and hope to see more of your cards! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your card! I can see the picture in it even though it has nothing similar except the color and patterns. Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete