Wednesday, October 9, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays - Sequins and Chevrons





This started our clean and simple, and then I was suddenly grabbling all kinds of things within eye-shot.  It's my crafting A.D.D. which kicks in . . . see a piece of paper, pick it up . . . see an embellishment, pick it up.  But I digress . . . as usual. 

I was inspired by a photo from StampNation World Card Making Day.  Now . . . you'll see this photo and you'll see this card and you'll say . . . "Huh?"  But when I first saw the photo my brain went to one particular stamp in my collection and it was right on my work surface because I was planning to use it for CAS-ual Friday's challenge.

So here is the inspiration photo from StampNation. . . 



The hands in the photo . . . one very plain and one very decorated immediately made me think of the stamp image (which you will see below) because it has two images, one very plain and one covered in Chevron stripes.  That's where my head went.  Not to the colors.  (Although I could lie and say I was inspired by the green and red . . . but I wasn't.)



Sequins . . . I have sequins.  But the only ones I could find were green.

And here is where I landed . . .


I have a chevron border that is recessed between to matching border pieces that are facing each other.  I used Sookwang tape to adhere them and then put glitter in the "chevon valley."  It definitely adds some dimension.  I also embellished every third chevron of the pear with glitter.    


The sentiment inside read, "We make a great pear."

Supplies Used:  

Bazzill Cardstock
Pattern Paper from my scrap bin (no bar code or recollection)
Stamp from Unity Stamp
Ink from Stampin' Up and Distress Ink
Glitter and Sequins from stash
Sookwang tape

2 comments:

  1. Your pears are quite cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card, and a great story to go with it. Lots of great details : ) Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete