Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fresh Applies for Freshly Made Sketch #109

This week's Freshly Made Sketch was square, and I was in a rectangular mood.  (I really need to get a supply of square envelopes . . . which is on my to do list!)

Here is the sketch . .



And here is my design . . .
 

All of the paper used is Authentique, with the exception of the card base which was a scrap of a very heavy patterned cardstock in my scrap stash.  I have no idea who made it, but I loved the edging effect it lent to the card. 


I used a set from The Craft's Meow called Apple Picking Time, and I stamped directly onto some scraps of the pattern paper and then cut out the two stamped images.  I then used my Inktense pencils and a watercolor pen to color the images and I popped them onto the note paper background.

Now I'm still getting used to using pencils to color stamped images.  As the saying goes . . . "Practice makes perfect."  I'm still practicing, for sure.  But I'm having a lot of fun trying!

Supplies Used
Authentique Pattern Paper
Inkstense Pencils
The Craft's Meow Stamps
Close To My Heart Archival Black Ink
Ribbon from stash








1 comment:

  1. Great card Debbie! I love the images and how you colored them! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete