Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Can You Wobble on a Tag?

If you haven't met up with Action Wobbles in your paper crafting yet, you're missing out!  I've been wobbling a lot of things lately and a few weeks back I had wobbled a stamped image on a mouse trap.  If you didn't get the chance to see it . . . check it out here.  I was the winner that week and was asked to guest design for Action Wobble this week . . . so I wondered . . . what have I not wobbled yet?

And then it hit me.  I have these decorative blocks that I created a few years ago.  They are just 2 x 4's cut into varying sizes that I covered in pages of an old book using Mod Podge.  I added a screw at the top of each for hanging, and then I create seasonal decorative tags that hang from them.  I wanted to create a new set for Halloween.

There are six blocks, so I typically will pick a six letter word and include some embellishments.  But sometimes I will include an image and use a shorter word.  I decided to go with "EEK" which would allow me to use some fun Halloween characters.  Here is what I came up with . . .


So the wobbles appear on two of the tags . . . the vampire and the owl . . .


Check out that wobble action (or rather, check out that blur!).  


Love the added effect of the wobble action on these, as it adds dimension.  Just one problem . . . my cat has discovered the darn wobble and one block has hit the staircase below!

Hmmm . . . the blocks are indestructable, and paper and creating can be done on a yearly basis.  It's a win-win situation.

Here are the other blocks up close and personal . . .





Two little tweeks that I did on these . . . I included the stamped "eek" on each one!  On the far left and far right tags (the vampire and the pumpkin) I included a curl of ribbon that made me think of quotes.

LOVE these blocks.  LOVE the wobbles . . . and I plan to use them on my next set, which will be Thanksgiving.  I definitely need to find a short word so I can wobble a turkey! 

Any suggestions for a Thanksgiving word?  Send them along.

Can you Wobble on a tag?  Yes, you can.  Imagine your holiday gift tags with wobbles.  Amazingly cute opportunity awaits . . . now, go create! 

Supplies Used
Action Wobbles
Bazzill Cardstock
Authentique Pattern Paper
Spookalicious Stamp from Paper Smooches
Stampin' Up Ribbon
The Twinery Twine
White Signo Uni-ball Gel Pen


Memento Black Ink 


No comments:

Post a Comment