Friday, May 28, 2021

Taking the Postive with the Negative - Take 5

It's time for another positive/negative die creation.  I just can't throw out the parts. 

The prompt at Inspirational Challenges is "Triangles".  I decided to play with a die in my stash that is a circle, but has triangles in the design of the die.  Hard to know what was truly positive and negative on this one.  But here is where I ended up.  

First, I created a background  using watercolor paper and a large background stamp.  I used distress oxide inks and created some "generational" backgrounds.  This is one of the three.  I trimmed it down and then my used my die to create that focal point. 

Love the colors of the ink on this one.  I married it with other embellishments in my stash and some sentiments and dies. 

And of course, I can't throw away "the pieces"!  And so a second card . . . 


Love them both, but the second one!  LOVE!  

Want to see more examples of positive/negative creations, check out these posts.  

I hope you find some time to create today.

Debbie
 

Supplies Used - Hello - Happy Day

Stamps and Dies:  Simple Greetings Dies, Party Print Circle Die, Cottage Garden Background Stamp and Pick Your Pot Stamp Set (Catherine Pooler Designs);

Ink & Embossing:  Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide (Ranger); Midnight (Catherine Pooler Designs);

Paper: Pixie Cardstock (The Stamps of Life); Watercolor Cardstock (Ranger); Solar White (Neenah);

Other:  Romance Sequin Mix (Catherine Pooler Designs); Grape Shimmer Trim (Close To My Heart); 

 

Supplies Used - Thank You

Stamps and Dies:  Simple Greetings Die, Layered Greetings Stamp Set, Party Print Circle Die, Cottage Garden Background Stamp (Catherine Pooler Designs);

Ink & Embossing:  Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide (Ranger); Midnight (Catherine Pooler Designs);

Paper: Premium White Cardstock (Catherine Pooler); Watercolor Cardstock (Ranger);

Other:  Romance Sequin Mix (Catherine Pooler Designs);

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Way to make two lovely cards. Very nice. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to forget that using the negative portions is an option. Love what you've done with them here. Thanks for sharing with us at INKspirational.

    ReplyDelete