Sunday, June 28, 2020

One Watercolor Background - Two Cards

I love creating with both positive and negative pieces of dies.  Posting two cards today where I put my negative pieces to use. 

First, I created watercolor background with some emboss resist.  Then I cut it with a cover die.   

The first card uses the full die . . .


Submitting this one to Watercooler Wednesday challenge, which had the prompt occasions!  This one is going to a friend who is newly engaged.  I put this one on a white background.   I stacked my sentiment die on a layered tag. 


 I then cut another die using cream cardstock and used pieces from the die as pops of color/elements for my flowers. I used a sketch from one of my favorite crafty plates.  Submitting this one to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies


 I always love using my extra pieces. 

I hope you find some time to create, and perhaps use extra pieces that might otherwise land in the trash! 

Debbie


Supplies Used - So Happy For You
Stamps and Dies:  Happy Thanks Word Dies, Layered Tags Dies; Marble Swirl Stamp and Color Burst Cover Plate Die (Catherine Pooler Designs);
Ink & Embossing:  Wow Embossing Pad and Wow White Embossing Powder; Suede Shoes, Samba and Limoncello Color Bursts (Ken Oliver/Catherine Pooler Designs); Midnight (Catherine Pooler Inks); 
Paper: Canson Watercolor; Premium White Cardstock (Catherine Pooler); Black Cardstock (Hero Arts);
Other:  Something Blue Twine and Crater Lake Sequins (Catherine Pooler Designs); 

Supplies Used - You Make me Happy
Stamps and Dies:  Marble Swirl Stamp, Color Burst Cover Plate Die and Wings of Joy Stamp Set (Catherine Pooler Designs);
Ink & Embossing:  Wow Embossing Pad and Wow White Embossing Powder; Suede Shoes, Samba and Limoncello Color Bursts (Ken Oliver/Catherine Pooler Designs); Midnight Ink (Catherine Pooler);
Paper: Desert Storm and Natural White Cardstock (Neenah); Canson Watercolor;
Other: Black Shimmer Trim (Close To My Heart);







2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie. Two beautiful cards as always! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards, Debbie! I love the way you have used the little cut out pieces ono your second card! So clever!! Great colouring! Tanks so much for joining us at HLS Dies Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete