Sunday, March 15, 2020

New Technique for Try it on Tuesday

I always try to keep a list of techniques I want to try.  Try it on Tuesday had a challenge to "try a new technique", so I went to my list and picked one. 

Over the last couple of years I've seen card fronts created by layering die cuts and having a see-thru look.  I decided to try my hand at it and created this card . . .


I used stamps and dies from Catherine Pooler Designs that had some larger pieces and smaller ones.  I stamped a bunch in varying colors and then die cut them all, and then went to work to lay them all out. 


 I started with the bigger pieces and tried layering them over a card base.  I have read that "press and seal" wrap helps with this technique . . . but didn't have any. 


Take note of the two sentiment pieces on the front of the card.  When the card is closed, they match up to the inside sentiment pieces on the inside of the card. 


I had a lot of fun creating this card.  Always fun to try a new technique! 

I hope you find some time to create today! 

Debbie


Supplies Used - Thank You - See Thru Card
Stamps and Dies:  Made My Day Stamp Set and Dies (Catherine Pooler Designs);
Ink & Embossing:  Skylight, Polished, Sauna, Sugared Lavender, Juniper Mist, Seafoam (Catherine Pooler Inks);
Paper: White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink);
Other: Santa Fe Sequin Mix (Catherine Pooler Designs);

1 comment:

  1. Wow, such a beautiful card! I love the technique that you used layering all those pretty die cuts together - stunning 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete