Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cheers! for Mojo Monday

I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge to make a birthday card.  I wanted to use what was on hand on my table, as I have a habit of bringing out about 37 items to make one card, using 3 of the 37, and then bringing out about 12 more items and using just 2 of those.  So in essence, if you do the math, I bring out about 50 items to create one card and am lucky to use 5 of the items.  So I decided to attempt to use some of those other 45 items that weren't used.  (I have to tell you though, that I think I brought out about a dozen more items . . . tell me I'm not the only one that lives in this chaos!)

But I digress . . . the sketch this week . . .


I decided to use those new Stampin' Up In Colors (which were on the table).  I pulled in some yellow to go along with it and it was all about fruity slices.  I created my own background. 



My orange slice was created using a half of a circle and a pennant die.  I rounded the ends of the pennant with the circle punch so it would all match up, and some Stickles on the rim of the glass, the lime slice and on my orange made it all come together.   Not sure I love the browns that I tied in, but I felt it needed a little "pop" of a darker color, and since the In Color included that brown sugar hue, I brought it in as well. 


Supplies Used: 
Cardstock, Stamps, Ink and Ribbon from Stampin' Up
Punches from Stampin' Up and Fiskars
Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment