Sunday, September 15, 2013

BROWN PAPER PACKAGES TIED UP WITH STRING

I can never resist a challenge that starts by quoting something musical, and the "Sound of Music" is one of my favorites since I was a kid.  So when I saw the Heart 2 Heart Challenge this week was "brown paper packages tied up with string" I just had to play along.

Brown paper packages . . . tied up with string.  I knew I had one of the kits with some brown paper, so I went thru my stash until I found it.  I had also remembered taking screenshot from Pinterest on my phone of a cute box that someone made from an 8 1/2 x 11" piece of cardstock . . . and that it supposedly had no cutting.  Hmmm . . . a bag with a self-contained box and no cutting.  And yet I didn't have measurements?  This was going to get interesting.

I played with a piece of white printer paper first, and it took a while, but I finally figured it out.

So here is my take on "brown paper packages tied up with string."  The front . . .


The back . . . 



The inside . . . 



And it really does make a cute, sturdy little box . . . no cutting.  Just scoring.



All product is CTMH (except the candy).  And for those needing those score measurements, after some "failed" attempts . . . and some "this might work attempts" . . . the final version here was scored 2 inches vertically from each side, and then 3/4" and 4 1/2" from each side for the horizontal. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you figured out the measurements. It's just too stinkin' cute! There are so many possibilities for this little bag/box! I may have to make one or two or maybe even three of these! ;-) Thanks for the idea and for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun gift idea! Love your paper pieced penguins on the Clementine paper. too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges--hope you will join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun gift idea! Love your paper pieced penguins on the Clementine paper. too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges--hope you will join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete