Sunday, May 1, 2016

Welcome Baby for SIP Challenge 45

I had been wanting to create a card using a newsprint pattern paper, and while a baby card didn't seem appropriate, I decided to give it a shot.  So I created this card for SIP Challenge #45.


 I stamped my images onto the pattern paper, and I was careful to lightly watercolor with distress markers so the paper wouldn't pill. 

Now I know that ribbon is a bit on the outs these days, but I love a touch of ribbon on a card.  I do find that I use it less, but I can't give it up completely. 

I hope you find some time to create today! 



SIP Theme 45 800Supplies Used - Sweet Baby
Cardstock:  Close To My Heart
Pattern Paper:  Heartstrings from Close To My Heart
Stamps:  Cute Koalas from Close To My Heart
Dies:  Sizzix Framelits Fancy #4 Dies
Ink:  Close To My Heart, Versamark, Ranger White Embossing Powder, and Ranger Distress Markers
Ribbon:  Stampin' Up
Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card!! I like to use newsprint or book pages on cards, too. Love what you have done with it!! Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable...love that background.

    ReplyDelete