Saturday, October 10, 2015

World Card Making Day Challenge Cards - Take 2

Cards #3 and #4 from my StampNation challenges for last weekend's World Card Making Day event.

Here is my card for Switzerland.  I was inspired by a portion of some fabric that had a reindeer.  The actual challenge was more about the Edelweiss (queue Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer), but alas I was at a crop and had limited supplies.  And so I went with deer.

O.K., I went with moose . . . because I didn't have deer.  And then my awesome friend told me that a moose is a type of deer.  I googled it.  She was right!  She's amazing and awesome.
 


The deer were stamped in Versafine black ink and clear embossed.  I then used distress inks to watercolor.  I still need some work on grounding and background . . . working on it.  


And my second card was inspired by plaid.  I looked for a stamp in my stash of supplies at the crop, but could only come up with a piece of plaid pattern paper.  It works! 


 Add a sentiment.  Queue some sequins and ribbon.  No stamping required!  


I will share a few more cards tomorrow!

I hope you find some time to create this weekend.


Supplies Used - A Moosing Holiday
Cardstock:  Bazzill Marshmallow and Strathmore Bristol Watercolor Paper
Stamps:  Reindeer Grab Bag Bundle from Unity Stamp
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink, Versafine Black Ink and Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
Other: American Crafts Glitter Tape, Pretty Pink Posh Sequins, Wink of Stella Clear

Supplies Used - Tis the Season
Cardstock:  Bazzill Marshmallow
Pattern Paper:  Dear Santa from Photo Play
Dies:  Tis the Season from Penny Black
Ribbon:  Stampin' Up
Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins



1 comment: