Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Kit Kraft Wednesday - Slightly Cheating

This is the first Kit Kraft Wednesday where I am slightly cheating. 

Problem . . . my creative mojo was compromised by a broken computer.  I've been trying since Sunday to fix the darn thing, and my husband was coming up empty on his attempts.  So while I was attempting to be creative with my kits tonight, I was failing miserably.  I knew that if I didn't fix it, there would be no post anyway. 

So the cheat . . . I used paper from a kit, but I used a stamped image that was not from a kit.  I was rushing . . . I was pre-occupied . . . I had to get back to the task at hand.  Fixing the computer. 

But the good news . . . the fact that I'm posting this means that my time away from creating was well spent.  I think I fixed the computer (and if you're reading this, then I surely did because I could barely get a website to load let alone do any sort of posting at all).

So here is the card that gives me a free pass on being challenged creatively and not using a stamp from a kit . . .


 Using paper from a Simon Says Stamp Card Kit from the past, I tried to find colors that would match my globe image.  I'm not feeling it! 

 

I used my Copics to color my image, and I added the silver heart sequins so that the hearts could go past the image itself.  I'm still not feeling it! 

But I think my computer is fixed . . . so even though I'm not happy with the card result, I am super happy that you're reading this post. 

Hope you find some time to create today . . . or sometime to fix something that's broken! 

Cheers!


Supplies Used
Cardstock:  Bazzill and Xpress
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey Fresh Cuts from Simon Says Stamp
Stamps:  Unity Hearts Around the Globe
Dies:  Sizzix Fancy Labels 4
Ink:  Memento and Copic Markers
Ribbon:  Stampin' Up
Other:  American Crafts Glitter Tape, Pretty Pink Posh Sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment